Almost as rare as the Messiah coming to a BBQ at my house, I actually “cooked” with a brand new recipe!! This recipe could be the most perfect “bring a side dish” to a bbq.
- DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled & chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon white rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons PB2 powdered peanut butter (or substitute 2 tablespoon regular creamy peanut butter)
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional; omit if you don't want it spicy)
- SLAW INGREDIENTS:
- 5 cups shredded cabbage (or one 16-oz bag cole slaw mix)
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint (I skipped)
- 1 cup raw green peas, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Puree dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor to a consistency similar to apple sauce. In large bowl, toss together slaw ingredients and dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 3 days.
It was a big hit! It’s easy to make, light and a great accompaniment to any grilled dish!!!