It’s a little trickier having families over when your daughter is allergic to dairy and can’t just have a normal pizza party. Recently we had a family over and wanted a relatively family friendly, low fat, EASY recipe. Thanks Rachel Thompson for this suggestion!!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 3 boneless,skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dale’s Steak Seasoning
- sliced Mozzarella cheese
- hoagie rolls
- Spray a 3 – 4 quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and turn to LOW heat.
- Add butter, onions and green peppers.
- Toss chicken with steak seasoning, salt and pepper, then add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 5 hours.
- Serve on hoagies with a slice of cheese melted on top.
Ours was a little revised to incorporate some bbq sauce accidentally, but it was DELISH!!!! Kids were a little too busy playing that they didn’t fully embrace but I’m certain they would otherwise!