We’ve had umpteen opportunities lately to picnic. It’s hard to think of things that kids like, that are low-fat and easy to make. It’s even harder to find things with protein. That’s why I felt the urge to share my recent best “bring along for picnics” recipe.
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works well)
- 1 (10-oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, well drained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 green onions sliced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 8 burrito sized tortillas
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients (except tortillas) until well blended.
- Spread about ½ cup of the mixture over the entire surface of a tortilla. Roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Slice into ½ inch slices and serve.
Everyone loved it and it fit with our chips salsa and guac so perfectly! Enjoy!!!