I have totally jumped on the bandwagon for any traditional carbohydrate in vegetable form!!! It started with spaghetti squash, transitioned to cauliflower and now I’m in the world of zucchini!!!! Thanks to the invention of Pinterest, I can easily research types of foods that interest me. I landed on this one…
I’m usually opposed to anything cream-ish. I automatically think extra fat. I was able to adjust it so it was lower in calorie and not lower in taste. The only difference would be that mine wasn’t nearly as pretty as theirs.
Creamy Sun Dried Tomato + Parmesan Chicken Zoodles
Author: Cafe Delites (http://cafedelites.com/2015/07/27/creamy-sun-dried-tomato-parmesan-chicken-zoodles/)
Recipe type: Entree
- 1-1/4 lb. skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into strips
- (I skipped the butter they suggest sauteing with and went with cooking spray)
- 10oz. sun dried tomatoes (they mention semi dried and jarred sun dried, I just went with all sun dried in the oil - very important to get the kind that's been soaked)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1-1/4 thickened cream (I used low fat half and half)
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- Dried basil seasoning
- Red Chili flakes (served on the side for my crew)
- 2 large zucchini, made into zoodles
- Heat the butter in a pan/skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken strips and sprinkle with salt. Pan fry until the chicken is golden browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Add both semi-dried and sun dried tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil from the jar (optional but adds extra flavour), and add the garlic; sauté until fragrant. (While the chicken is browning, prepare your Zoodles with a Zoodle maker OR with a normal vegetable peeler.)
- Lower heat, add the cream and the Parmesan cheese; simmer while stirring until the cheese has melted through. Sprinkle over salt, basil and red chilli flakes to your taste.
- Stir through the Zoodles and continue to simmer until the zoodles have softened to your liking (about 5-8 minutes) and serve.
It was absolutely delicious. The reviews were fabulous! My entire family ate it and enjoyed every second! Big hit!!!