When attending a social gathering and one says “bring a side dish,” what does that really mean? A) Throw some pasta in a bowl and call it a side dish? B) Research an elaborate, meal alternative to impress the pants off of everyone attending? C) Pickup some slaw from Whole Foods or Sunset and pay WAY too much. D) Go to Skinny Taste to find something low fat and easy.
Guess what I did?!?!
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower florets, finely chopped *see note
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- ½ cup onion, minced
- 3 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- ½ cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- *to cook the cauliflower florets, steam a little over 2 cups raw cauliflower florets in a little water covered for for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender but not mushy, then drain well and dry on paper towel, then using a knife finely chop and set 2 cups aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
I would not describe these as tater tot alternatives, but they were delicious nonetheless. I’d say it was the perfect ambiguous side dish 🙂
*I made a couple without cheese for my Allergy Princess 🙂