We have had an out pour of generous gestures, some of my favorites coming in meal form. And although I’m afraid that if I expose on my blog that I am actually cooking, people may stop bringing over food. I just had to share this one!
I’m not so good at sitting still and just relaxing. So I have found that instead of stalking Facebook even more than I already do while I am nursing for what seems like hours on end, I am scouring Pinterest. I found this recipe that falls into the insanely easy realm and figured I should try it. In addition to trying to appease Gabby with non-dairy options, I now have to stay away from dairy for Noah. So this recipe works on all accounts.
- About 3½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken (I used 2 lbs of chicken tenderloins)
- 1 ( .7 ounce) packet of dried Italian dressing mix (such as Good Seasonings)
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 12 inch x 9 inch pan and set aside, and/or it may be preferable to line your dish with aluminum foil (I did it this way) as the sugar tends to caramelize while baking.
- Rinse chicken, pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine and the dried Italian seasoning mix and the brown sugar, mixing together well.
- Dip and press the chicken pieces into the mixture, coating front and back and place into your prepared pan, topside of the chicken facing up. Any extra coating that remains can just be sprinkled over the chicken.
- Cook for 50-60 minutes or until chicken is done. (I cooked it for thirty minutes since I was using tenderloins and I stirred the sauce a couple times flipping the chicken at the half way point.)
My beautiful plate. I added some whole grain couscous and steamed brussel sprouts (all easy and good for you…exactly what I need)! We all enjoyed!!!