|Mexican Ground Beef Quinoa|
- 1 lb. ground beef (I used ground turkey)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 4-oz. can chopped chilies
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 T. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- I added mushrooms too but the recipe did not call for it
- Brown ground beef (turkey) and onion; drain excess fat.
- Rinse quinoa in sieve/colander.
- Add tomatoes, chilies, quinoa, water and spices to ground beef mixture and simmer (uncovered) for about 25 minutes. (If water evaporates too quickly, cover pan for remainder of cooking time.)
- Serve Mexican Ground Beef Quinoa Skillet.
I must be shopping at the wrong place because my quinoa alone was $5, but that’s besides the point. This recipe was worth every penny because we loved it! And when I say we…I mean ALL FOUR OF US!!!!!!!! Seconds were had by all!!!!!! SUCCESS!