I like to think of myself as saucy, so I thought…hey why not try saucy green beans with chicken 🙂
I’m a big, HUGE fan of Lisa from Bites for Babies for many reasons. First, she runs a blog about feeding her baby in a nutritious, unique way. I’m after the same thing, duh. Second, she comes up with really interesting recipe ideas. Thirdly, she reads my blogs, contributes and is strictly my friend from the Internet. How cool is that?!?!
Ground turkey or chicken is a staple in our house. So I decided to try this one on for size.
- ½ cup chopped green beans (previously boiled)
- 1 tsbp. olive oil
- 1 whole garlic clove
- ¼ cup (one baby cube) homemade tomato sauce (or diced fresh tomatoes) *I used diced fresh
- ¼ cup of fresh or thawed ground turkey (if you are preparing at the same time add some thyme to taste and cook on medium heat in a frying pan for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned-store the leftovers in baby cubes)
- 1 tbsp. finely grated parmesan cheese
- I used basil, oregano, salt and pepper too
- Heat oil and garlic in a small saucepan on med-high heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add beans and sautee for another 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low heat then add tomato sauce (or tomatoes).
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until liquid from sauce has almost completely evaporated.
- Mix in ground chicken and cook for 1 minute to heat through. Don’ forget to remove the garlic before serving! **I kept the garlic in (but her meal is meant more for babies)
- I also served it over wild rice for the three of us, Gabby got sans rice and Parmesan cheese due to her allergies.
This was a hit, a hit like none other. This was a hit like hours of baking and cooking very infrequently get even slightly noticed by my children. There were seconds and maybe even thirds dispersed. It was so yummy and another interesting way to cook with ground turkey/chicken. Thanks Lisa!