A very cute 2.5 year old, Jonah, requested blueberry bread the last time I brought over one of my variety of fruit dairy-free recipes. And blueberry bread he got…
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 3 T. lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- ⅔ cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- cup chopped walnuts or pecans (I skipped)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or other berries of choice
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 9” x 5 “ loaf pan.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer or a wire whisk, beat together the oil, sugar, eggs, egg yolk and lemon juice until pale yellow and frothy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt until well combined. Add the dry mixture and the almond milk to the egg-sugar mixture, alternating between the dry ingredients and the almond milk until all of both have been added. Using a wooden spoon or a large spatula, carefully fold in the walnuts and blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center emerges clean. Cool on a wire wrack in the pan for 10-15 minutes before removing and returning to the rack to finish cooling. Dust with powdered sugar while still warm and serve warm or at room temperature.
Same story, per usual. Drew ate it, we loved it and Gabby wouldn’t give it the time of day. The real question is how does Jonah feel about it???