Between all the baking I did for the birthday extravaganza and the summer craziness, I haven’t spent much time in the kitchen lately. A few weeks ago I made a southwestern black bean salad from my favorite website Skinny Taste. It was awesome and very much like a “salsa” my mother-in-law makes. So this time I made Sandy’s Salsa which has all the same ingredients but a little different spin. It’s an easy dish that is great for the summer (light and cool). It can be a dip or a salad.
- 2-15oz black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1-17oz frozen corn
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 large avocado peeled and diced (I put in two)
- 1 small onion diced (I used red)
- ⅛-1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and pepper
- Mix in large bowl. Cover and refrigerate over night. Prior to serving, check and add salt, pepper and lime.
It has some of the kids’ favorite ingredients – black beans, corn and tomatoes! Add some baked chips and they are in heaven. They barely even realize that they are eating a really nutritious meal! Thanks Nonny!!!