Drew has turned into the human garbage disposal overnight. I think the kid may eat me out of house and home. So I decided to make some cookies he could snack on. And of course they had to be Gabby friendly too.
I came across this recipe in a magazine and thought I could easily modify it to be good for my allergy princess too.
- ⅔ cup butter, margarine softened (I use a butter substitute)
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 5oz package of Craisins
- ⅔ cup white or semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks (I skipped these)
- Preheat oven to 375. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dried cranberries and chocolate chunks.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
Kids literally picked out craisins and threw the cookie part to the side! Nervy! Unfortunately I loved them and have been eating WAY too many of them. Why is it that my kids would like nothing more than for me to serve them store bought yellow cake?!?! Oh well, I’ll keep trying!